Thanks to Liz for sharing this super easy slow cooker chicken recipe. Spice it up with a little hot sauce or cayenne, and add a layer of sliced onions if you like.
Use chicken thighs and legs in this recipe, then shred the meat for pulled chicken sandwiches. Add coleslaw and your choice of vegetables. Serve the chicken in sandwiches, if desired, or use it to stuff tortillas.
- 4 pounds chicken pieces, about 3 to 4 pounds, completely thawed
- Optional: 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (or 2 cups of homemade barbecue sauce)
- Place chicken in Crock Pot.
- Add the sliced onion, if using.
- Pour barbecue sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the chicken is fully cooked
- Shred chicken and serve hot.