This easy crockpot broccoli cheese soup was originally shared by John G. With only four ingredients, it couldn't be easier, and the slow cooker make cooking nearly hands-free. Double the recipe for a party or gathering and serve it hot from the slow cooker.
To lighten the soup up a bit, use half cream and half chicken broth, or use milk and add it just before the soup is done. Garnish the soup with some shredded cheddar cheese or croutons.
For a stove top version made with a homemade sauce, take a look at this broccoli and cheddar cheese soup.
- 1 jar (8 ounces) of Cheez Whiz
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed of cream of celery soup
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Combine all ingredients in the crockery insert of a slow cooker.
- Heat for about 2 to 3 hours on LOW, or until the broccoli is very tender.
- If desired, blend some or all of the soup in the blender. Or use an immersion blender.
Makes about 6 servings.
- When blending hot liquids, never fill the blender above the halfway mark. To blend hot soup, fill the blender about one-third full. Loosen the cup in the lid, place a folded kitchen towel over it, and hold the lid down firmly. Pulse until smooth. See Also: How to Puree Soup in a Blender
- Cut cooking time by steaming the broccoli before adding it to the slow cooker.
- Top the soup with shredded cheddar cheese, croutons, bits of cooked bacon, or diced ham.