This is an easy, semi-homemade fruitcake recipe with apricot brandy and chopped candied fruits and spice cake mix. Apricot nectar and apricot brandy are used to flavor the cake, and a variety of dried and candied fruits make it a moist and delicious holiday cake.
Spiced Fruitcake With Brandy
- 1 package spice cake mix (2 layer size)
- 1 package (3 3/4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 2/3 cup apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup Apricot brandy
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Glaze, optional
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons apricot brandy
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Generously grease and flour a 10-inch tube cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine cake mix, pudding mix, apricot nectar, 1/4 cup apricot brandy, and vegetable oil. Beat on medium speed until batter is smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs to the batter one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Fold in the chopped fruits and nuts.
- Turn batter into the prepared tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the cake tests done.
- Cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then remove the cake to a rack to cool thoroughly.
- For best flavor, wrap and store the cake in the refrigerator for 24 hours before serving.
- Combine 2 to 3 tablespoons of apricot brandy with 1 cup confectioners' sugar; drizzle over fruitcake before serving, if desired.
You Might Also Like