Peach cobbler is a summer classic and this recipe is not only gluten-free but also super easy and quick to put together.
This delicious gluten-free dessert for busy summer days only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 35 minutes to bake thanks to the easy gluten-free batter topping and shortcut peach filling. It's perfect for when you don't have a ton of time or the inclination to spend it in the kitchen.
Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon for an extra-dreamy summer treat. Summer desserts take two amazing forms.
If a bubbling, warm fresh-from-the-oven fruit-filled dessert isn't your idea of a summer meal ender, try one of these cool, frozen refreshing gluten-free desserts.
- For the Peach Filling:
- 2 (29-ounce) cans sliced peaches in heavy syrup (drain and reserve 1 cup of syrup)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- For the Cobbler Batter:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour blend
- 1 3/4 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- For the Topping:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon for topping
- Optional Garnish:
- Vanilla ice cream
- Freshly whipped cream
Make the Filling
- Heat oven to 350 F (176 C). Have an 11x7-inch baking dish at the ready.
- Drain sliced peaches in a large mesh sieve set over a bowl and reserve 1 cup of the drained syrup.
- Place drained peaches in a medium mixing bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cornstarch and stir to blend.
- Pour in 3/4 cup of the reserved syrup and stir to blend. Pour peach mixture into an 11x7-inch baking dish.
Make the Cobbler Batter
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together 1 cup sugar, gluten-free flour, gluten-free baking powder and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup reserved peach syrup, egg, 4 tablespoons of the melted butter (reserve 2 tablespoons to drizzle over batter), milk and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- Use a tablespoon to evenly spoon batter over peaches.
For the Topping
- Drizzle reserved melted butter over batter.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar mixed with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
Bake and Serve
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until batter is golden brown.
- Cool before serving -- sauce thickens as cobbler cools.
- Serve with an optional scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollop of freshly whipped cream.
- Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten.
- Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice.
- When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.