This is a quick and easy way to grill up Brussel sprouts. If you're like me you don't like Brussel sprouts, rest assured that once grilled they take on a whole new flavor. Add cooked crumbled bacon or pancetta for extra flavor.
- 2 pounds/900 g brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup/60 mL butter
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL garlic powder (you can use fresh garlic cloves, but watch for burning)
- 5 strips cooked bacon or pancetta, crumbled
- 6-10 skewers
1. Trim and clean up brussel sprouts. Place into a pot with enough water to cover brussel sprouts. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 2 minutes. This is to give the brussell sprouts a nice head starts. Drain and place them into ice water for 5 minutes to cease the cooking process. Drain again, and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Preheat grill for medium heat. Oil grill grates once hot.
Make at least 3 passes to create a non-stick surface.
3. Gently skewer brussel sprouts.
4. Mix butter, garlic powder, and salt together in a small bowl. Place brussel sprouts skewers on the grill and cook until they start to soften (about 6-8 minutes). Make sure to turn often to stave off burning. Brush with butter often.
5. Once cooked, remove from the grill, place onto a cutting board. Carefully remove from skewers and into serving dish. Top with crumbled bacon or pancetta and serve immediately.