Easy Hot Chocolate Recipe
Why go to powdered packets when it is so easy to make hot chocolate at home with this easy recipe? Even better: This hot chocolate is rich and creamy, and you don't have to use all the milk you have in the house. You can even make this hot chocolate in the Crockpot. Top this homemade hot chocolate with homemade raspberry marshmallows for a truly decadent treat!
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 6-1/2 cups water
- Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in water, about a cup at a time. Heat until warmed through, about 10 minutes. Note: Do not allow the hot chocolate to boil. It should just simmer until warmed through.
- Crockpot Directions: Whisk together all ingredients. Pour into slow cooker. Heat on low 1-3 hours.