Click here to see How to Make Whipped Cream step-by-step with pictures.
- 2 cups cold heavy cream (whipping cream or double cream)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place a stainless steel mixing bowl (compare prices) and the beaters of your electric mixer or a wire whisk (whichever you plan to use to whip the cream) in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove them both from the freezer, and pour the cream into the bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then gradually increase speed, beating until the cream becomes thick. This will take anywhere from 5 to 8 minutes or so. You can also use a wire whisk and beat the cream by hand, but, of course, it will take quite a bit longer.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Continue whipping the cream until it reaches the desired consistency.
You can store this homemade whipped cream in the refrigerator in an airtight container for one week.