Mashed sweet potatoes are delicious and require very little work. The sweet potatoes are cooked, peeled, and then mashed with some butter, maple syrup, and milk. Add some cinnamon if you'd like.
- 3 to 4 medium sweet potatoes, about 2 pounds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Cinnamon, to taste
- 3 to 4 tablespoons half-and-half or milk
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water until tender. Let cool slightly; peel and transfer to a large bowl.
- Mash the sweet potatoes with salt, butter, and maple syrup.
- Add cinnamon to taste then continue to mash with the milk or half-and-half to desired consistency.
Serves 4 to 6.
You Might Also Like
More Sweet Potato Recipes