Easy-Off is a household name in oven cleaning, with this product -- a fume free, non-corrosive formula that works miracles on dirty ovens. Easy-Off Fume Free Oven Cleaner makes cleaning the oven a much more simple chore.
Just spray on the product, leave it overnight and easily wipe out food residue. Reapply for tough spots if necessary. It really was that simple. And to top it all off, I didn't need four fans, dozens of open windows, and a gas mask to get through the chore.
I'm not a fan of cleaning out the oven, but this product makes it a normal oven cleaning chore instead of a dreaded activity that I try to avoid.
- Read all directions thoroughly.
- Apply in a cold oven.
- Shut the oven door. Do NOT turn on the oven or activate your oven's self-cleaning cycle.
- Wait two hours to overnight for an all-over cleaning or at least 30 minutes for easy spot cleaning.
- Open the oven door and wipe clean using a wet sponge or cloth, rinsing it repeatedly.
- There are no harsh or toxic fumes.
- Easy-Off Fume Free Oven Clean can be used safely on self-cleaning ovens without the self-cleaning cycle.
- It works well on even the most baked-on food. This includes the great mac and cheese debacle that boiled over and coated the entire oven!
- For best results, this product still needs to sit overnight.
Oven Cleaner: Review
It is amazing how easily small pieces of food can turn into black cement that are glued onto your oven's surface.
This is a disaster that even baking soda can't fix. However, the fumes from a cleaner can seem a million times worse than the smoke that arises from recooking the charred remains each time the oven is used.
I was skeptical about a "fume free" oven cleaner, but this product is the closest thing that I have ever used.
The lower rack of a double oven was my test case for the Easy-Off Fume Free Max Oven Cleaner. The bottom of the oven was completely covered with thick black residue; it was a tough job and the best I hoped for was that after a few applications and a lot of scrubbing, was that I would be able to see hints of the original surface. I sprayed the cleaner according to the directions and shut the oven door for the night. Upon opening it, I began to clean it out and all of the charred stuck on food simply melted away from the oven surface. After wiping the oven out, only a few tiny spots on the bottom needed a more thorough scrubbing. With a little extra effort, those spots too wiped away.
The bottom line: While the ease of cleaning is a great selling point, the best part of the process was that I only needed minimal ventilation and was able to clean out the oven without irritated eyes, lungs or skin. You still need to take precautions in terms of coming into contact with the cleanser, but overall, "fume-free" lived up to its name. This is by far one of my favorite oven cleaners.