01 of 06
How to Make an Easy Origami Flower!
Learn how to make a pretty origami flower! This origami lily flower is easy to make with one sheet of square paper.
This traditional origami lily flower looks lovely on it's own or in a bouquet with other origami flowers.
If you need a last minute gift for a birthday, or a finishing touch for your gift-wrap, why not use a simple origami flower (or more than one!) ?
The origami flowers also look lovely strung up on a paper garland or upside-down as decorations.
It's best to use paper that has... colour on both sides for this origami model, as you will see the white side. In the tutorial, the paper size is 17 x 17 cm. It is recommended to use paper that is at least 15 x 15 cm to start with.
If you're looking for more paper flowers, check out this easy origami tulip flower or Traditional Origami Camellia.Continue to 2 of 6 below.
02 of 06
Easy Origami Flower Instructions - Step 1
Start with your paper coloured side up.
1. Start by folding your paper in half, top to bottom and then left to right.
Flip the paper to the other side.
2. Fold the paper diagonally in half, both ways and unfold.
3. Flip the paper back over to the other side and rotate it.
4. Bring the left and right corners inwards to the middle. Collapsing the top down.
5. This is the result. This is called an 'Origami Square Base'.
Continue to 3 of 6 below.
03 of 06
Easy Origami Flower Instructions - Step 2
6. Rotate the paper so that the open end is at the top.
7. Now imagine that the paper has ben sliced into thirds, so that there will be three equal 'slices'. Fold the right edge over to the left.
8. Fold the left edge over to the right.
9. This is what you should have, if it is not right, unfold and adjust until it is approximately the same. Don;t worry if it's not perfect! Real flowers aren't exact after all.
Continue to 4 of 6 below.
04 of 06
Easy Origami Flower Instructions - Step 3
10. Unfold the paper.
11. Fold the right edge to the crease you just made. Unfold.
12. Open the right edge of the paper, and reverse the crease you just made and flatten the paper.
13. Repeat on the left.
Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
Easy Origami Flower Instructions - Step 4
14. Fold the paper as indicated.
16. Open out the little flap.
17. Squash the two edges of that flap inwards.
18. Fatten it out nicely.
Continue to 6 of 6 below.
06 of 06
Easy Origami Flower Instructions - Step 5
19. Fold the right side of the right section behind itself.
20. This is what it should look like.
21. Repeat the last few steps on the other three sides.
22. Open out the flower.
23. Use a chopstick or pencil to curl the petals!
You should now have a pretty origami flower! Don't forget that origami takes practice and that the second attempt is always better!
For some more origami decorations, check out the Origami Decorations category here!