This oven-barbecued pork chop recipe is easy to prepare and makes a tasty everyday family meal.
The pork chops are baked with a simple homemade barbecue sauce. The sauce will reduce and thicken as it bakes. It's an excellent alternative to grilled chops on a rainy day.
If you're pressed for time or don't have all of the ingredients, feel free to use a purchased barbecue sauce instead of the homemade sauce mixture.
- For the Chops:
- 6 center-cut loin pork chops, 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
Prepare the Meat
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil.
- Arrange the pork chops in a single layer in the foil-lined baking pan.
- Scatter the onion slices over the chops.
Make the Sauce
- Whisk together the vinegar, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, pepper and optional cayenne pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Pour sauce over the pork chops.
Bake the Chops
- Bake the pork chops, uncovered, for 1 hour, or until the meat is tender.
- Transfer the pork chops to a platter and spoon the remaining pan sauce over them.
- Add 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke to the sauce mixture for smoky flavor.
- Replace the ketchup with 1/2 cup of store-bought barbecue sauce.
- Slice 1 green bell pepper into strips and scatter over the chops along with the onions.
- Replace the brown sugar with honey, maple syrup, or corn syrup.
- Replace the water with a mild beer for beer barbecue sauce.
You Also Might Like
- Herb and Garlic Pork Chops Recipe: These simmered pork chops are seasoned with garlic and a variety of dried herbs.
- Saucy Baked Pork Chops with Ranch Sauce Recipe: Here's another time-saving baked pork chop recipe. Ranch dressing mix and some mustard add flavor to the easy sauce.
- Oven-Barbecued Pork Chops with Homemade Sauce Recipe: The chops are marinated for about 4 hours before baking until fork-tender.