These oven barbecued pork chops are easy to prepare and make a tasty everyday family meal. The pork chops are baked with a simple homemade barbecue sauce. The sauce will reduce and thicken as it bakes. It's an excellent alternative to grilled chops on a rainy day.
If you're pressed for time or don't have all of the ingredients, feel free to use a purchased barbecue sauce instead of the homemade sauce mixture.
Related Recipe: Oven-Barbecued Pork Chops with Homemade Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan with foil.
- Arrange the pork chops in a single layer in the foil-lined baking pan.
- Scatter the onion slices over the chops.
- Combine the vinegar, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, pepper, and cayenne; pour over the pork chops.
- Bake the pork chops, uncovered, for 1 hour, or until the meat is tender.
- Transfer the pork chops to a platter and spoon the remaining sauce over them.
- Add a teaspoon of liquid smoke to the sauce mixture for smoky flavor.
- Replace the ketchup with 1/2 cup of store-bought barbecue sauce.
- Slice 1 green bell pepper into strips and scatter over the chops along with the onions.
- Replace the brown sugar with honey, maple syrup, or corn syrup.
- Replace the water with a mild beer for beer barbecue sauce.
You Might Also Like
Herb and Garlic Pork Chops These simmered pork chops are seasoned with garlic and a variety of dried herbs.
Saucy Baked Pork Chops with Ranch Sauce Here's another time-saving baked pork chop recipe. Ranch dressing mix and some mustard add flavor to the easy sauce.