Here is a nice and easy recipe for oyster sauce chicken submitted by a reader. Serves 6
- 1 whole chicken (about 3 pounds), cut into pieces
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce (oyster flavored sauce)
- 4 tablespoons thick soy sauce or dark soy sauce (or a combination of the two)
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a small bowl, combine the oyster sauce, soy sauces, and sugar.
2. Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and combine with the marinade. Let the chicken stand for 10 - 15 minutes if desired.
3. Heat the oil on medium-high heat in a skillet or preheated wok. Brown the ginger in the oil (this takes about 2 minutes).
4. Turn the heat down to medium. Add the chicken (remove the chicken from the bowl with a slotted spoon, discarding any excess marinade). Cook the chicken on medium heat for 10 minutes, turning over halfway between cooking.
5. Turn the heat down to medium low. Cook the chicken for 6 to 8 more minutes, turning occasionally, until it is cooked through. Serve hot.
This recipe was submitted by Kumari.
Easy Oyster Sauce Chicken - my recipe