Sweet, gooey, and oh-so-decadent -- it's easy to love pecan pie! Here is a simple recipe that helps you whip up this down-home treat with ease. You can top this rich, delicious pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
A ready-made graham cracker pie shell makes the preparation a snap, or experiment a bit by baking it in a cookie crumb crust.
More Pecan Pie Recipe Delights
- 7 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whipping cream or heavy cream
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 cup pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 1 prepared 8-inch graham cracker pie shell or cookie crumb pie shell
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, eggs, whipping cream, corn syrup, salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar; mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Pour mixture into the prepared crust.
- Place pie on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until the top of the pie is browned and puffy.
- Watch carefully to prevent burning.
- The filling will firm as it cools.
- Serve with ice cream, whipped cream, or whipped topping.