This tasty pork chop casserole is perfect for a busy day. A combination of condensed soup and seasonings make up the simple sauce. The pork chops are quickly browned in a hot pan, then baked in the oven with the potatoes, and topped with shredded cheese.
Add a salad or steamed vegetables for a hearty and super-easy meal.
- 4 pork chops or cutlets
- 4 cups sliced potatoes (about 1/4-inch thickness)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or American cheese
- Heat the oven to 375 F (190 C/Gas 5).
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the oil to the hot pan, and then add the pork chops or cutlets. Cook the pork until browned on both sides, about 8 to 10 minutes total.
- Put the potatoes in the prepared baking dish and toss with the chopped onions.
- In a bowl, combine the condensed soup with the salt and pepper. Pour over the potatoes.
- Arrange the pork chops over the potatoes.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for about 55 to 65 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle cheese over the pork and potatoes and return to the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
More Simple and Creamy Pork Chop Recipes
If you loved this recipe, check out these other easy pork chop ideas.