These pumpkin pancakes are a cinch to prepare, because they start with a ready made baking mix. The brand I like to use is Bisquick pancake mix, but you can use any brand you prefer.
Pumpkin Pancakes: Preparation Tips
With just a few simple ingredients of eggs, milk and pumpkin puree, you will have a set of pancakes perfect for the fall. I use canned puree, but if you are really adventurous, you can always make your own pumpkin puree from scratch.
The kids love helping make this recipe by adding the ingredients together and mixing the batter. Just be sure that they don't over whisk the batter if you want your pancakes to be light and fluffy — Also if you want extra fluffy pancakes, substitute 1/4 of seltzer water for 1/4 cup of the milk.
For toppings, you can be really creative here. Keep it simple with just maple syrup and butter for a classic spin or add a sprinkle of shelled pumpkin seeds for a bit of crunch. A sprinkle of cinnamon and baked apples can transform this easy recipe into something really gourmet, so don't be afraid to try different toppings to suit your family's tastes.
Don't Miss: Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Pancakes Ingredients
- 2 cups baking mix, such as Bisquick
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Toppings (optional)
- Maple Syrup
- Pumpkin seeds (shelled)
- Preheat an electric skillet (compare prices) to 375 degrees F, or heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk together all pumpkin pancake ingredients until well-combined, but do not overmix.
- Let batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Turn griddle down to 350 degrees.
- Ladle quarter-cupfuls of the batter onto the griddle. Cook until the edges of the pancakes start to set and bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancakes.
- Flip. Cook another 1-3 minutes until pancakes are golden brown on the other side.
Serve immediately, topped with butter, syrup and shelled pumpkin seeds (all optional).
Don't Miss: 3 Things to Bake with Canned Pumpkin
8 Tips For Making Pumpkin Pancakes Quick and Easy:
- Don't forget to preheat your griddle to the right temperature.
- Consider using some butter to coat your griddle before pouring your batter.
- Use a measuring cup to make uniform sized pancakes.
- Flip them at the right time — when you see that the top of your pancake is mostly bubbles and some of them are starting to pop, then it's time to turn them over.
- Give that spatula a frequent wipe as you are flipping — A messy spatula becomes sticky and doesn't slide easily under pancakes.
- Don’t get distracted. This is not the right time to try and multitask.
- Rinse and clean up your mixing bowl right away.
- Always make a double batch — they go fast and pancakes are great the next day too!