If you are looking for a meal for two that would be perfect for a Valentine's Day meal, an anniversary dinner, or just a quick and easy supper for a busy day, you can't go wrong with this recipe from Tonya. It will fit just about any occasion, and it is incredibly fast and easy. And keep in mind that it can be doubled or tripled for a family meal.
As far as the number of shrimp go, use your own best judgment on your appetites. There are usually around 31 to 35 shrimp in a pound of large shrimp, so one-third of a pound would probably be more than enough for two people. Use angel hair pasta (capelli d'angelo) or capellini, which is just a bit thicker, but still thinner than thin spaghetti.
Add a fresh tossed green salad and a few warm crusty rolls or garlic bread and you have a perfect dinner for two with very little effort!
- 10 to 12 medium to large shrimp
- 4 ounces (1/4 pound) angel hair pasta or capellini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or coarsely chopped (you will remove it from the oil later)
- Pinch salt, or to taste
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, divided
- 1/8 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove the shells from the shrimp. Run a sharp knife down the length of the back of each shrimp and remove the dark vein. Rinse the shrimp under cold running water and set aside.
- Cook the angel hair pasta in boiling salted water following the package directions. Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter and olive oil in a medium saucepan or saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until lightly golden and aromatic. Scoop the garlic out with a slotted spoon and discard.
- Add the shrimp to the garlic oil; sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of the parsley.
- Cook over medium heat until shrimp is opaque and turns pink. Remove the pan from the heat and add the drained angel hair pasta.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of parsley. Toss to blend.
- Serve immediately with a Caesar salad or green salad, warm rolls or garlic bread, and more Parmesan cheese, if desired.
You Might Also Like