Feel free to use this marinade with bone-inch chicken parts and adjust the cooking times as needed. It's an easy marinade for any grilled or broiled chicken. Delicious for your next Southwest-inspired chicken craving!
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 to 6 chicken breast halves, boneless
- Combine oil, water, and seasonings in a food storage bag.
- Add chicken pieces, seal the bag, and marinate for 2 to 4 hours, turning occasionally to keep chicken coated. Makes about 3/4 cup marinade.
- Take the chicken from the marinade and grill or broil for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, depending on thickness. If you wish to use the marinade as a basting sauce, bring it to a full boil in a saucepan on the stovetop before using. Chicken is done when juices run clear when pricked with a fork.