Similar to an all-in-one strawberry shortcake, this easy, delicious cake is perfect for any occasion. The cake is baked then inverted to reveal the tasty strawberry topping.
Add a dollop of whipped cream and some fresh sliced strawberries for garnish.
- 2 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups mashed strawberries (about 20 to 24 ounces)
- 1 package (3 oz) strawberry gelatin
- 1 box (approximately 15 ounces) white or yellow cake mix (with oil, water, and eggs per package instructions)
- Heat oven to 350 F. Generously grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over bottom of pan.
- In a bowl, combine mashed strawberries and gelatin then set aside.
- Make cake batter following the package directions. Spread batter over marshmallows in pan. Spoon strawberry and gelatin mixture evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350 F for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place cake on a wire rack to cool. When cake has cooled completely, invert onto a large rectangular serving tray or cake taker, or foil-covered square of cardboard.
- Cut the cake into squares and serve with whipped cream or whipped topping.
- Makes about 16 to 20 servings.
You Might Also Like