This is a simple casserole made with layers of sweet potatoes and apples. Brown sugar, butter, nutmeg, and citrus juice add flavor to this easy side dish.
- 3 medium apples
- 1/4 cup orange juice or fresh lemon juice
- 6 medium cooked sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1/4 to 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Peel and slice apples into a bowl; add juice and toss to coat. Butter a 1 1/2 to 2-quart casserole dish; alternate sliced sweet potatoes and apples until the baking dish is full.
- Mix the sugar, butter, and nutmeg together. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the apples and sweet potatoes.
- Bake at 400° for 30 to 40 minutes, or until browned.
You Might Also Like