01 of 07
This wall hanging shelf with a cabin backdrop can hold all kinds of summer memories. It is built from wood over a gatorfoam base to make it lightweight. These make great club projects if everyone designs their favorite cabin or beach house, using different finishes for the fronts.
02 of 07
Assemble a Simple Display Box For Vacation Memories
All you need to create a memory of your vacation is a display box, a custom sized photo and a few treasures from your trip. When my children were young I encouraged them to make small boxes to remember their favorite activities and trips. Those boxes are now family treasures. You can use the instructions for making roomboxes from bookboard, or making break away boxes to assemble inexpensive display boxes if you wish.
03 of 07
Make Miniatures for Picnic, Barbeque or Fair Scenes
Everything you need for miniature picnics and fair tables. You can use these for a vast range of summer themed projects and scenes.
- Make a Miniature Fitted Picnic Basket
- Make Miniature Paper Plates and Cups in a range of Patriotic Designs
- Make Miniature Bunting - Generic Flags or Red White and Blue for Bastille Day or the Fourth of July
- Make A Printable Miniature Popcorn Machine and Popcorn
- Make Cotton Candy / Candy Floss
- Make Ice Cream and Ice Cream Cones
- Make Junk Food for the Dolls House. - Chips,... fries, cheesies, mini doughnuts, popcorn, tortilla chips.
- Make Printable Miniature Chef's Aprons and Hats
04 of 07
Make Miniatures For Beach Scenes
Here are a range of beach themed miniatures.
Continue to 5 of 7 below.
- Make a Miniature Air Mattress From Drinking Straws
- Make Miniature Beach Sandals / flip flops for Dolls
- Make a Miniature Light House Lamp
- Make Printable Beach Hut Photo Frames
- Make Printable Wide Brimmed Hats
- Make Nautical Miniature Cushions - or signal flags.
- Tie a Nautical Knot Rug - Ocean Plait Knot in full scale or miniature.
- Make Miniature Seagulls
- Make Miniature Tadpoles in a Jar
- Make Miniature Palm Trees
- Make a Quarter Scale Beach Shop Scene in a Teacup
- M...ake a Clothespin Doll in a Summer Shirt and Shorts
05 of 07
Make Miniatures for Wedding Favors or Anniversary Mementos
The Gallery of Wedding and Anniversary Miniatures shows miniature projects made as wedding or anniversary gifts. You can make these miniatures to add to similar mementos or use them as decorations for wedding packages or as table or shower decorations.
- Make Miniature Heart Topiaries with Moss or Paper 'Ivy'
- Make Printable Heart Shaped Favor Boxes For your Wedding
- Make Miniature Doves for wedding or shower decorations
- Make Miniature 'Wicker' Bird Cages
- Make Miniature Roses
- Make... Miniature Wedding Bouquets
- Make a Miniature Clothes Pin Bride
06 of 07
These projects are particularly good for summer flowers in miniature scenes. You can use them for stand alone displays or for the outside of a dolls house.
07 of 07
Make Fairy Gardens
Living plants and miniatures can be combined to make fairy gardens indoors, or outdoors in pots or other containers. You can plant a simple herb garden in a window box for your fairies, or add furniture or figures outdoors.
Plants for Fairy Gardens
- Thymes For Fairy Gardens
- Miniature Curry Plant for Fairy Gardens
- Prune Bush Thyme Into a Tree for a Miniature Fairy Garden
Furnishings for Fairy Gardens
- Make A Miniature Table from Twigs
- Make Miniature Twig Chairs
- Make... a Miniature Twig Bed
- Make a Miniature Gazing Globe
- Make a Working Miniature Fountain or Waterfall
- Make a Miniature Acorn Tea Set
Summer is a great time to recharge your creativity and learn new skills. These easy to make miniatures are great intergenerational projects, and many were designed especially for children's summer programs. You can use the miniatures listed below to save memories of your own summer, or to make gifts to save the memories of others. The projects cover a wide range of skills, and materials, but none are particularly difficult.