01 of 04
Easy Traditional Origami Letter Fold
Learn how to make a useful traditional origami letter fold, use this to send your classmates or loved ones little letters, using the note itself, or use it as an envelope.
This origami uses rectangular paper, so you can use letter paper, A4 paper or just paper ripped out from a notepad.
Even if you are not in school, this makes an interesting six-sided shape, and can be used as an envelope too!
You'll need one sheet of rectangular paper for this easy origami letter fold. A4 size is used for... the tutorial. This results in a letter that is 14.8 x 10.5 cm
For another really useful origami project, check out the Easy Origami Business Card Case or Wallet Tutorial, and for another traditional letter fold, there is the origami square letter fold.
If your thing is video tutorials, check out the envelope category on this website.Continue to 2 of 4 below.
02 of 04
Easy Traditional Origami Letter Fold - Step 1
1. Start with your paper with the white side, or with the writing side, facing up.
2. Fold the paper in half, from left to right and then unfold back to the start.
3. Now you can for the top right corner down diagonally, lining it up with the central crease you just made.
4. Now fold the bottom left corner up diagonally again lining it up with the central crease.
You can make sure these folds are nice and neat or you'll end up with some of the message showing up in the middle!Continue to 3 of 4 below.
03 of 04
Easy Traditional Origami Letter Fold - Step 2
5. Fold the bottom section up, aligning it with the bottom of the flap above.
6. Repeat the last step on the top section.
7. Fold the bottom right corner, up to meet the top, double check the image to see what you should have.
8. Now you can put the end of the flap underneath the top section.Continue to 4 of 4 below.
04 of 04
Easy Traditional Origami Letter Fold - Step 3