Need a simple homemade vegan apple-pie recipe? Look no further! All you really need in order to make apple pie is a few apples, some vegan margarine and some sugar, along with a pie crust, of course.
This easy vegan apple pie recipe uses a pre-made pie crust and very few ingredients, so it's very simple to prepare. Chopping the apples does take some time however, so if you've got an apple slicer you may want to use that to save time.
There's nothing like fresh homemade apple pie! And, this five-star vegan recipe is absolutely fool-proof and easy enough for even novice bakers, so go ahead and give it a shot. It is absolute proof that vegan baking doesn't need to be complicated in order to be delicious. Enjoy a homemade vegan apple pie for Thanksgiving using just six ingredients.
Note that this is a single-crust apple pie, which means that the top is not covered with a pie crust, which means that this simple vegan pie is even easier than most, and you can use a store-bought pie crust, or even a simple homemade vegan graham cracker crust.
- First, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the sliced apples in the prepared pie crust. Dot the apples with half of the vegan margarine.
- Next, stir the rest of the softened vegan margarine into the brown sugar and add the cinnamon and nutmeg. Crumble this sugar mixture on top of the apples.
- Place the pie in the oven and then bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the apples are very soft when pierced with a knife.
- Now, wasn't that easy? Enjoy your simple homemade vegan apple pie! Serve it just as it is, or, serve it topped off with some vegan whipped cream or your favorite vegan ice cream.
Note that this is a single-crust apple pie, which means that the top is not covered with a pie crust; only the bottom is. This keeps this recipe as simple as possible. If you're looking for something a little bit different for Thanksgiving (or just because), check out these more easy vegan Thanksgiving dessert ideas.