This is a light and fluffy vegan yellow cake recipe - it's not heavy, like some vegan cake recipes. A basic vegan yellow cake is good for children's birthdays or other special occasions.
See also: More Vegan Cake Recipes
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- Egg replacer for 4 eggs
- 1 3/8 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Soy milk as needed
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease the bottom only of an 8-inch square pan.
- Cream the vegan margarine with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the sugar gradually.
- Add the egg replacer and mix well.
- Add the flour and baking powder and stir. If the mixture is too dry, add a few drops (up to 1/4 cup) of soy milk.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cook and frost with your favorite vegan frosting, if desired.
More Vegan Cake Recipes:
Low Fat Chocolate Applesauce Cake
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Double Chocolate Cake
Sugar-free Vegan Carrot Cake
Raspberry Mocha Cake
Chocolate Spice Cake
Pineapple Upside-down Dump Cake
Easy Vegan Soda Cake
Irish Whiskey Cake