Remember the days when you'd have to paint one or two primer coats, wait for them to dry, then paint at least two top coats - all while breathing in excruciating fumes? Thanks to a newly released line of eco-friendly paint from Behr, those days are long gone.
The Paint With Built In Primer
Behr's latest interior paint line, Premium Plus Interior Paint, not only has a high-quality primer built in but it also comes in zero VOC.
Plus, the low-odor formula means that once obnoxious paint smell is nearly non-existent - and what does remain dissipates much faster, making it ideal for tight spaces or homes with small children. (Note: After tinting, some colors may no longer be zero VOC because of the chemicals used in certain pigments.)
The paint is also perfect for busy DIYers who are looking to tackle a big project but would rather not spend the extra time hassling with primer paint coats. Each sheen and base of the Premium Plus line dry to the touch within one hour, and can receive another coat in as quickly as two hours for a fast project turnaround.
What Paint Options Are Available?
Premium Plus Interior Paint is available in all the standard interior paint finishes. Unsure which is one to use? Take a look at these points for quick reference:
- Flat: Perfect for low-traffic areas like the dining room and bedrooms, flat is a non-reflective, matte appearance that offers an easy-to-clean (and easy-to-touch-up) surface.
- Flat Enamel: Similar to flat, flat enamel is best used in low or moderate traffic areas. It's most commonly used in family rooms, living rooms, kids' rooms or hallways. It has a low lustre appearance (slightly more sheen than the basic flat) and can be easily cleaned or scrubbed without damaging the finish.
- Eggshell Enamel: This finish resists dirt and grime nicely, and has a soft, velvety appearance. It's one of the most commonly used finishes and is best suited for moderate-traffic areas such as family rooms, living rooms, kids' rooms and hallways.
- Satin Enamel: A step up in sheen from the eggshell, the satin enamel finish has a pearl-like appearance while still maintaining an easy-to-clean surface. It's excellent for moderate to high traffic areas such as hallways, kitchens, and bathrooms.
- Semi-Gloss Enamel: The shiniest of the bunch, the semi-gloss enamel has a sleek and reflective appearance. It's excellent for resisting stains and moisture and standing up to wear and tear. It's best used in high-traffic, high-moisture areas - as well as on high-touch surfaces - such as kitchens, bathrooms, doors, windows, trim, cabinets, shutters and interior furniture.
Ready to purchase? The entire line is available exclusively at The Home Depot for approximately $23.98 to $28.96 per gallon. Take a look at Behr.com for how-to ideas and to explore design and color guidance. You can also head there to order 8-ounce paint samples, which is a great idea to confirm your color choice before tackling any big paint job.