If you're making egg salad sandwiches, take a look at this recipe with variations. Egg salad sandwiches or buns are great for picnics, lunches, and parties.
Here are several add-in ideas to make your egg salad special, including chicken or ham, mustard, pickles, bell pepper, onions, celery, herbs, and spices.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl with one of the following:
- 1/4 cup minced celery, 2 tablespoons minced onion, and 2 tablespoons chili sauce.
- 1/4 cup cooked chopped chicken and 1 teaspoon curry powder.
- 1/2 cup minced ham and 2 teaspoons prepared mustard.
- 2 tablespoons minced pickles, 1 teaspoon prepared mustard, and 1 teaspoon minced onion.
- 1 tablespoon minced green bell pepper, 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento, and 1 teaspoon chili powder.