When shopping for a vacuum cleaner, it can be easy to get distracted by the bells and whistles of a fancy upright, but how often do you get a quality machine? The Electrolux Intensity has many exciting extra features, all the while providing a vacuum cleaner that really does its job well.
Electrolux Intensity Vacuum Cleaner Specifications
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Cord Length: 21 feet with cord rewind system.
- Filtration: 2 Stage HEPA
- Weight: 16 lbs.
- Height Adjustment Settings: Automatic
- Tools: 0
- Extras: bifold handle, full bag indicator light, handle controls, telescoping handle, filter replacement light, lightweight design.
Who Should Buy the Electrolux Intensity Vacuum Cleaner?
The Electrolux Intensity makes a great vacuum cleaner for those looking for great cleaning power in a compact design. The Electrolux Intensity folds so compactly that it is easily stored nearly anywhere. This vacuum cleaner is perfect for homes with limited storage space or any home that wants a compact cleaner with a lot of cleaning power.
Who Won't Want the Electrolux Intensity Vacuum Cleaner?
- Buyers who want tool and wand options.
- Buyers looking for a bagless vacuum cleaner.
Impressive Features for the Electrolux Intensity
- Suction - The Intensity's suction power is fantastic. The vacuum's design is supposed to streamline the air path to provide maximum suction. What does this translate to? The Intensity picks up even deeply embedded particles in your carpet. The brush roll does a fantastic job of working the carpet fibers to remove dirt and debris.
- Compact and Lightweight - With a bi-folding handle, the Electrolux Intensity folds up to be smaller than a standard clothes basket, making storage space easy to find. With its light weight, the Intensity is a dream vacuum for homes that don't enjoy toting a bulky vacuum to different sections of the home.
- Filtration - With a 2 stage HEPA filtration and bagged vacuum cleaner system, the Intensity is perfect for allergy sufferers and people with breathing issues.
What is Lacking from the Electrolux Intensity?
- Cord Length - It seems like a small thing, but most vacuum cleaners have a cord length of around 30 feet, making the Electrolux Intensity's length of 21 a tad bit short. Still, the length is enough to vacuum an entire room where the vacuum cleaner is plugged in, and the cord rewind system is fabulous. No more winding up cords with this vacuum cleaner.
- Tools - If you're looking for a vacuum cleaner with tools and wands, you'll need a vacuum other than the Electrolux Intensity. However, the lack of tools makes this vacuum a sleek compact machine perfect for those who would never need or want to use a hose or attachments anyway.
- Movement - The Electrolux Intensity isn't the easiest vacuum to maneuver. Its large wheels don't turn as easily as some other vacuums, but the lightweight design does make it easier to push than other bulky uprights.
Maintenance for the Electrolux Intensity
- Change the Bag - The Electrolux Intensity comes with a full bag indicator light to help you know when it is time to replace the bag.
- Replace the Belt - The belt is fairly easy to replace. Remove three screws on the bottom of the cleaner. Take out the brush roll, remove old belt and replace the new belt before replacing the brush roll and screws.
- Clean the Brush Roll - The brush roll can be cleaned of hair and debris by removing three screws on the bottom of the vacuum cleaner. Lift out the brush roll to remove debris before replacing it and the screws.
- Replace Filters - The final exhaust filter will need to be replaced when the filter change indicator light comes on. The filter is easily replaced by opening the bag cover.
Price and Availability for the Electrolux Intensity
- The suggested retail price for the Electrolux Intensity is $299. It is available at retailers like Best Buy, Lowe's, Sears, and QVC.