Elizabeth Weintraub is a former home writer for The Spruce with more than 40 years of experience in real estate, including experience in title and escrow.
- Nominated as a founding member of its Real Estate Certificate Institute (RECI) by The California Association of REALTORS®
- Received Outstanding Life Member of the Master's Club, an honor bestowed by the Sacramento Board of REALTORS®
- Served as president of Equity Enhancement, handling staging and resale remodels for tough-to-sell homes
Elizabeth Weintraub is a former writer for The Spruce. She has an extensive background in real estate spanning more than 40 years, including experience in related industries such as title and escrow. Weintruab began in the real estate business in 1974 as a title searcher at First American Title in Boulder, Colorado. After moving to Newport Beach, California, she became an escrow officer in 1976 and advanced to certified status as designated by the California Escrow Association.
Weintraub obtained her real estate broker's license in 1979. She bought the company she worked for and opened branch offices of Real Estate of America in Orange County.
Elizabeth received a Certificate in Real Estate and a Certificate in Escrow from Orange Coast College.
The California Association of REALTORS® nominated Elizabeth as a founding member of its Real Estate Certificate Institute (RECI) in 1979 for completing 16 college courses in real estate. She has more than 600 hours of real estate education.
Awards and Publications
- Author of "The Short Sale Savior: How to Turn Your Upside Down Mortgage Right Side Up"
- #1 Agent Lyon Real Estate Downtown: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017
- Top 1 Percent Lyon Agents: 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce reaches 32 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy advice by certified experts for your home and garden.