Emily Shwake is a full-time freelance writer living in Brooklyn, New York. She writes about home, cooking, and shopping for sites such as Martha Stewart and Apartment Therapy.
- Emily has 4+ years of freelance writing experience
- Her work has appeared in publications such as BuzzFeed, Martha Stewart, Apartment Therapy, and Allure
- She has written for The Spruce since 2020
Emily has been writing professionally since 2016. She regularly writes about ways to make a house a home with products, decor tips, and budgeting tricks. As a careful shopper herself, Emily always does her research before adding anything (whether it's a desk or a roll of paper towels) to her cart.
Emily received her Bachelor of Arts in English language and literature from the University of Maryland, College Park.
- 12 Stores to Shop for Beauty Products with Curbside Pickup, Allure
- All The Best Deals at Target Right Now, Buzzfeed
- 6 Low-Maintenance Houseplants Even Beginners Can Keep Alive, MSN.com
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash Meredith brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce reaches 32 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy advice by certified experts for your home and garden.