Emily Shwake is a full-time freelance writer living in Brooklyn, New York. She writes about home, cooking, and shopping for sites such as Martha Stewart and Apartment Therapy.
- Emily has 4+ years of freelance writing experience
- Her work has appeared in publications such as BuzzFeed, Martha Stewart, Apartment Therapy, and Allure
- She has written for The Spruce since 2020
Emily has been writing professionally since 2016. She regularly writes about ways to make a house a home with products, decor tips, and budgeting tricks. As a careful shopper herself, Emily always does her research before adding anything (whether it's a desk or a roll of paper towels) to her cart.
Emily received her Bachelor of Arts in English language and literature from the University of Maryland, College Park.
- 12 Stores to Shop for Beauty Products with Curbside Pickup, Allure
- All The Best Deals at Target Right Now, Buzzfeed
- 6 Low-Maintenance Houseplants Even Beginners Can Keep Alive, MSN.com
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.