Eugene's easy crockpot beef barbecue is made with cola and seasonings, along with ketchup and onion soup mix.
Only 4 ingredients make it a breeze to prepare, and the slow cooker makes it practically hands-free.
Add a teaspoon or two of liquid smoke for smoky flavor.
Related Recipe: Easy 4-Ingredient Crock Pot Barbecue
- 3 to 4 lb. beef pot roast cut, such as a chuck roast, rump roast, or chuck arm
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 can cola (regular, not diet) (Dr. Pepper will give it a more tangy taste)
- Place the roast in the crockpot.
- Combine the ketchup, soup mix, and cola; stir to blend. Pour over roast in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Meat will pull apart easily when done.
- Serve over buns with sauce on top.
You Might Also Like