I mop a lot, but I've always been skeptical of steam mops and their ability to clean my floor. Sure, they're a greener option and use only water to clean and disinfect...but how well do they really work? The Eureka Enviro Steamer shows just what kind of amazing cleaning a steam mop can accomplish. Using only water and an oversized magic cloth, the Envirosteamer puts out a continuous amount of steam that removes the toughest and stickiest messes from your floors with very little effort required.
Its edge cleaning is outstanding and the maintenance is effortless. The Eureka EnviroSteamer is on my list to purchase for my own home because it's changed how I mop forever.
Eureka Enviro Steamer Steam Mop: Description
- This steamer cleans hard-surface floors and sanitizes without using chemicals. It is not meant for use on laminate floors or engineered floors.
- It features an indicator light for water levels and a preheating/cool-down tray for safety.
- The lightweight design offers an adjustable-height handle, 25-inch power cord and 12.5-inch cleaning head.
- The unit weighs 5.4 lbs.
- Owners with hard water may need to periodically run vinegar or a decalcifying product through the steamer.
- The Eureka Enviro Steamer has a continuous steam design.
- Its thick, oversized Magic Cloth works well to absorb water and dirt.
- The preheating/cool down tray helps to protect floors.
- The adjustable handle makes the Enviro Steamer storage efficient.
- The edge and corner cleaning of the Eureka Enviro Steamer is exceptional.
- The Envirosteamer's continuous steam means that care is required in leaving it standing in one spot.
- Magic cloth may shrink if dried in the dryer.
- Ideally, a magic cloth for each room is needed, which adds to the expense.
Eureka Enviro Steamer: Review
I've always been a little skeptical of steam mops.
If a mop and bucket were good enough for my great grandma, they're good enough for me. But I think even my great grandma would have been over the moon about the Eureka Enviro Steamer.
The Enviro Steamer worked magic on all surfaces, removing dirt and stuck-on debris from floors I thought were already clean. The low profile and swivel handle made it easy to get under cabinets and into corners easy. The oversized magic cloth mopping pad tucked up into the top of the unit provided the best edge cleaning by a mop that I've ever seen. The continuous steam removed cereal that had been glued to the floor by milk and left the floor underneath a toddler's booster seat spotless. It even removed a ring on a tile floor from a potted plant.
The unit is easily filled with a measuring cup and funnel and an indicator light shows when the unit needs refilling.
Although the manufacturer's instructions say that the Magic cloth should be rinsed out and line dried to prevent shrinking. I successfully washed my magic cloths in the washing machine on the gentle cycle before line drying them.
Occasionally I try out a new item and it changes how I clean, forever. The Eureka Enviro Steamer is one of those products.