The Eureka Optima is a compact lightweight vacuum cleaner with a lot of power. Learn about what the vacuum has to offer and how it holds up in a household or office.
- Amps: 12
- Weight: 11 lbs.
- Warranty: One year
- Cord Length: 20 ft.
- Filters: 1 washable, pleated filter
- Height Adjustment Settings: 0
- Tools: Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush
- Extras: On/Off Brushroll, Ergonomic Handle, Telescoping Handle, Suction Control Knob for Tools, Bagless, Stair Cleaning Handle
Impressive Features of the Eureka Optima
Some of the best features include:
- Handle: The Eureka Optima's handle adjusts to more than eight different heights. On the lowest handle setting, vacuuming is finally easy for children. The looped design of the handle makes any angle of vacuuming more comfortable and controlled. With the handle down, the vacuum is compact and easy to store. It can easily fit in a coat closet with room for coats to hang above.
- Suction Power: The Eureka Optima has just as much or more cleaning power than bulkier full-size uprights. The brushroll and suction power have the ability to clean dirt, pet hair and debris. The edge and corner-cleaning abilities of this vacuum cleaner are amazing.
- Tools: The hose is clear, has a large diameter and is crush-resistant. A suction control knob switches power to the hose for above the ground cleaning.
- Versatility: This vacuum cleaner did a fantastic job on carpet. By using the on/off brushroll switch, the Eureka Optima also was great on hardwood, vinyl and tile floors. The bottom of the cleaner has a line of rubber behind the brush roll that keeps dirt from being blown around on hard surface floors.
- Bagless: The vacuum uses a pleated filter and full-size dirt cup. Don't worry about the small-sized cup; it holds just as much dirt as a full-size vacuum cleaner.
- No Tipping: When you use the tools, the vacuum will not tip over. Anyone who has ever been hit in the head by a vacuum cleaner while vacuuming under furniture will appreciate this feature.
- Maintenance: The filter must be brushed off or washed periodically. It can be washed up to six times before it needs to be replaced. Remove the filter from the lid of the dust cup and gently wash in warm water with a mild detergent. A new filter costs under $10. The dirt cup can also be washed out with mild detergent.
What Is Lacking From the Eureka Optima?
A few disadvantages of this vacuum include:
- Filtration: There is no complicated filtration system for allergy sufferers. The only filtration is the pleated filter which can be very messy to clean off.
- Width of Cleaning: The width of the cleaning path, like most lightweight vacuums, is smaller than a full-size unit.
- Exhaust: The air blowing back out into the room is just as powerful as the suction of the vacuum. The exhaust blows out in front of the vacuum, which can be annoying when papers start flying around the room.
- Wheels: The two front wheels on the Eureka Optima are almost nonexistent. Vacuuming on high-pile carpet with no height adjustment may take extra effort. Low-pile carpeting and hard surface floors are easier to clean.
Review of the Eureka Optima
The Eureka Optima is a perfect choice for those who want a lightweight vacuum cleaner with great cleaning power.
Apartment/condo residents will benefit from the compact easy storage. Elders who need a versatile lightweight machine will enjoy the fact that the Eureka Optima weighs half of a normal-sized upright. This vacuum cleaner would also be a great option for people seeking a second vacuum cleaner.
The compact design and powerful suction work great, while the extra features will give full-size uprights a run for their money. This is definitely a vacuum to consider if you need a lightweight model that cleans like a full-size champion.