The Bottom Line
Yes, this is a large gas-powered griddle, but it can do so much. No, it won't give you those cute grill marks or produce smoky flavors. But whether it is teppanyaki or plancha cooking or any one of the hundreds or regional variations, this unit can do it all. It can good a steak and do it well, even if it is cooked rare. It can cook virtually anything and in large quantities and better yet, it can let a group gather around to cook their own meal.
- Complete 304 stainless steel construction
- Versatile cooking capabilities
- Two circular stainless steel burners
- 700 square inches of cooking space
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Surface cooking temperature between 225 to 550 degrees F/120 to 290 degrees C
- Ceramic cooking surface
- Comes with a large, stainless steel lid for steaming and roasting
- Push button electronic Ignition
- Funneled grease management with slide out drip tray
- Made in the United States by EVO
The Evo grill is a marvel of engineering. Underneath its 30-inch diameter cooking surface are two circular burners that can produce up to 48,000 BTUs and heat the surface to 550 degrees F/290 degrees C. This is hot enough to sear a steak and to do it with full surface contact creating caramelization. But this unit can also make an omelet, stir fry, fajitas, and tortillas, in fact, almost anything. The two-burner design allows for two zone cooking adding to the versatility.
This unit also comes with a lid so it can roast and steam. The potential is almost unlimited.
Certainly, this isn't an inexpensive product. The Evo Grill is something of a luxury item. It can come on a wheeled cart or as a built-in unit. The cook-top is removable for cleaning and maintenance. Drippings from the cooking surface drain away to a stainless steel rim that runs around the unit and is angles to a drip pan.
This is professional level cooking equipment and a whole lot of fun to cook with. This is one of the products that would go perfectly in an outdoor kitchen.
The ceramic cooking surface is an option that increases the price, but one that is strongly recommended. It makes the unit easier to cook on and the cooking surface much more durable.