You're busy. The kids are hungry, and the last thing you feel like doing is cooking dinner -- again. But you still want to put a decent, home-cooked meal on the table. These easy kid-friendly dinner recipes to the rescue!
These recipes are all designed with kids' developing palates in mind (yes, that means even your pickiest eaters will like them). But these recipes aren't just for kids. They're good enough for the adults to eat, too.
After all, why make two meals when you can make one that everybody likes? With these easy recipes, the whole family can enjoy a satisfying meal together.
Try them, and let me know what you think. Write recipe reviews, and share your own favorite recipes.
Kid Friendly Chicken Recipes
Serving a chicken dinner the kids will like doesn't have to mean store-bought chicken nuggets. These recipes will expand kids' finicky palates and appeal to mom and dad, too:
- Pretzel Crusted Chicken Tenders - These chicken tenders have a crispy coating, but it doesn't come from frying. Instead, this kid-friendly chicken recipe is coated in crushed pretzels, then baked. Adults and kids alike will love this flavor combination!
- Hawaiian Chicken Recipe - Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are breaded, then covered with a sweet Asian sauce the kids will go crazy for.
- BBQ Chicken Quesadillas - This super quick recipe is kid-friendly and perfect for busy weeknights. Try different barbecue sauces with this meal, and serve with homemade guacamole and a gourmet salsa.
Kid Friendly Beef Recipes
Everybody always focuses on getting kids to eat vegetables. But a lot of parents complain that it's the variety of their child's diet that's lacking, not just the green veggies. These recipes will appeal to even the pickiest eaters:
- Tater Tot Casserole Recipe - This easy casserole recipe has "kid friendly" written all over it. And most importantly, it has just five ingredients and is a snap to prepare.
- Beef Fried Rice - Why get takeout when you can make this easy dinner at home in less than 20 minutes?
- Easy Meatloaf Recipe - This fun meatloaf recipe uses a kid-favorite ingredient (crushed Goldfish crackers) in place of bread crumbs. The result is a tasty meatloaf the kids will enjoy making as well as eating.
Kid Friendly Vegetarian Dinner Recipes
These dinners are perfect for vegetarian households where the kids may not (yet) be vegetable-lovers:
- Kid Friendly Chili Muffin Cups - These dinner muffins are fun for kids to eat, and they're filled with healthy vegetarian chili.
- Stuffed Shells Recipe with Spinach and Ricotta Cheese - Frozen spinach is nestled in jumbo pasta shells with cheese, then covered with spaghetti sauce in this kid-friendly vegetarian recipe. Make a double batch of this meal, and freeze half for later.
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe - The classic kid meal is kicked up a notch in this recipe, which features penne pasta, two kinds of cheese and a dash of Dijon mustard.