Fastest Cheesecake is literally the fastest dessert I have ever made. It always works when you follow the directions and use the right ingredients. For best results, it's important that you use full-fat cream cheese and full-fat sweetened condensed milk. And use freshly squeezed lemon juice; the stuff from the fake lemons doesn't have enough acid.
This cheesecake can be topped with any flavor of canned pie filling for a finishing touch; or, try fresh raspberries or strawberries. From start to serving time, it takes a little over an hour. The texture is perfectly light and fluffy; not as dense as regular cheesecake. I love to make it in the summer when I just don't want to turn on the oven and want something sweet that is no bake.
For a chocolate version of this recipe, see Fastest Chocolate Cheesecake.
This is a soft-set cheesecake; it does not have the texture of a baked cheesecake. If, in spite of everything, it doesn't set, freeze it! Thanks to Joann for this tip.
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened OR 1/2 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 9" graham cracker or chocolate cookie pie crust
1. In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Make sure you take the time to do this properly since the cream cheese has to blend thoroughly with the sweetened condensed milk to set up properly.
2. Gradually add the sweetened condensed milk, beating constantly.
3. When half of the milk has been added, add the lemon juice and beat until smooth. Add remaining sweetened condensed milk until mixture is smooth.
Pour into a graham cracker or cookie crust and chill at least one hour.
Note: Please make sure you are using sweetened condensed milk, NOT evaporated milk, in this recipe. I have made this cheesecake many times and it has always set up perfectly. The mixture should already be thick when you pour it into the crust; if it is thin at this point, you used the wrong kind of milk.
Do not use low-fat or nonfat cream cheese or low-fat or nonfat sweetened condensed milk; the recipe will not work with those ingredients. Make sure you use real freshly squeezed lemon juice too; the bottled lemon is not as acidic and won't thicken the mixture as well.