If you need a quick oil-free and fat-free vegan salad dressing recipe, this one will likely become a favorite. Yes, this easy fat-free salad dressing recipe is made from just four simple ingredients and doesn't use any oil at all - but don't let that fool you! It's delicious! While almost all salad dressing recipes use some kind of oil as a base, adding lots of fat as well as flavor, this one uses rice vinegar instead for a delicious, tangy and fat-free dressing recipe you can use over and over again.
So, how does it taste? It's a little bit tangy from the Dijon and the rice vinegar, but the rice vinegar also adds a little bit of sweetness. If you're used to creamy and heavy salad dressings, such as ranch dressing, then you might not find this too satisfying, but, if you're used to lighter dressings such as Italian-style dressings or balsamic vinaigrette, this simple dressing makes a good substitute.
All of the ingredients in this recipe are vegetarian, vegan and should also be suitable for any one on a gluten-free or wheat-free diet.
Like this recipe? Scroll down for more fat-free vegan recipes and salad dressings to try.
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Dash salt (to taste)
- Dash pepper (to taste)
- Place all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Using a fork or a small whisk, whisk everything all together until fully combine.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings to taste.
Like this fat-free dressing? Looking for more fat-free salad dressing recipes to try? You might also want to try this easy fat-free orange mustard dressing or, try more homemade vegan salad dressings here.
- There are so many ways to use salad dressing besides just using it to dress your favorite fresh green salad. Try using a salad dressing to dress a side dish of fresh steamed vegetables such as broccoli or kale or even to dress up some frozen veggies straight out of the bag. You can turn just about any combination of leftover cooked pasta and some veggies into a simple vegetarian pasta salad with the addition of just about any salad dressing, or, create a high-protein bean salad in the same way.
- Having a cookout? Use this dressing as a marinade for grilling tofu or seitan, or even just use it to drizzle on a simple baked potato or oven roasted new potatoes when you want something quick and easy for a side dish. Enjoy!