A simple fat-free vegan sorbet recipe made with just four simple ingredients. You can make this vegan strawberry sorbet in your blender or food processor -- you don't even need an ice cream maker. Vegan sorbet is a healthy, dairy-free and fat-free treat for hot days, and strawberry sorbet is a classic sweet flavor popular with kids and adults alike.
More Vegan Desserts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups pureed strawberries
- Dissolve the sugar and cornstarch in the water in a large saucepan over low heat, then boil until thick, like syrup, about ten minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- When the sugar syrup is completely cooled, add the pureed fruit and mix well. Place in a plastic container and freeze uncovered until it is solid.
- Cut the sorbet into chunks, then process in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Put the sorbet back into the freezer and allow to freeze for another 4 hours.