01 of 04
Curry Recipes: What is Curry
The British love of curry dates back centuries .The first known curry recipes for 'currey' as it was then known appeared in 1747. In modern times, the word curry has become synonymous with any dish from the Indian subcontinent. Whatever the history or meaning it is one of Britain's favorite foods.
Curry does not just come from the Indian sub continent as many here would believe, and thankfully in Britain in recent years the popularity for curry now stretches for those from across the... rest of the world.
Continue to 2 of 4 below.
- Next Page - Curry Recipes with Meat
02 of 04
Curry Recipes: Meat and Fish Curry Recipes
Argument still rages over Britain's favourite curry which for many years was Chicken Tikka Masala but some now argue that the Balti has taken its place. There is no doubt though that Chicken Tikka is still a firm favourite. If, like me you prefer a creamier curry then you may like a Creamy Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe.
Meat curries stretch further than just chicken or beef. All meats respond really well to being curried including venison and goat.
Other loved meat curry recipes:
- Chicken Balti... Curry Recipe
- Balti Curry Spice Mix
- Cauliflower and Chicken Curry Recipe
- Rogan Josh Curry Recipe
- Lamb and Beetroot Curry Recipe
- Venison Curry from Valentine Warner
- Keralan Prawn Biryani Curry Recipe
- Thai Green Chicken Curry Recipe
- Thai Green Curry Beef with Aubergine Recipe
- Thai Fish Curry Recipe
- Goan Fish Curry Recipe
Continue to 3 of 4 below.
- Next Page Vegetarian Curries
03 of 04
Curry Recipes: Vegetarian
Vegetables and pulses love curry, they are a match made in heaven no matter the style or country of origin. Some of the best vegetables to use are those with a good texture and pronounced flavour, so the roots work well but seriously, there isn't much that doesn't.
- Vegetable Biryani Curry Recipe
- Chickpea Curry Recipe
- Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
- Mixed Vegetable Undhiyo Recipe
- Indian Spiced Radishes and Pumpkin Recipe
- Vegetarian Thai Yellow Curry
- Chickpea and Spinach Curry Recipe
Continue to 4 of 4 below.
- Next Page -... Accompaniments for Your Curry
04 of 04
Curry Recipes: Accompaniments
All these lovely curry recipes are only part of the story. Alongside the main dishes there is always a wealth of accompaniments which play a major role in the meal. It will depend which country and style of curry, but in Britain where Indian curry is so popular, then the following accompaniments are usually always served.
There will usually be the pickle tray; an assortment of spicy pickly including lime, and usually a mango chutney and yoghurt, mint and onion dip. Poppadums are usually served... with the tray.