The feng shui measuring tape can be used to uncover information about the auspicious and inauspicious feng shui energy roaming about in your home, garden, and office. If you've heard of it perhaps you're curious as to what the dimensions you're measuring actually mean. If so, we've got you covered.
The feng shui information presented here is offered only with the purpose of satisfying your curiosity. As well as saving you money, of course! Having this info available means you do not have to buy the feng shui measuring tape.
Before you delve into exploring the right or wrong feng shui dimensions of everything in your house (we suggest you do not), a word of caution is necessary first. Please do not start worrying about the dimensions of your coffee table making you sick or the width of your front door leading to divorce. A literal interpretation of the feng shui ruler can get truly ridiculous, so use your finest sense of discretion here.
We have kept the words exactly as they come with the feng shui measuring tape. Take it all with a grain (or two!) or salt.
To learn if an item has good or bad feng shui energy, you can often use your senses, as well as the basic feng shui info about various forms of energy—Sheng Chi, Si Chi, and Sha Chi.
Okay, here comes the feng shui measuring tape info, promise to be wise.
Measurements and Meanings
Please note that each of these measurements is related to their traditional feng shui meaning.
0.5 to 42.9 Centimeters
- 0.5 to 5.4 cm = Wealth
- 5.5 to 10.7 cm = Sickness
- 10.8 to 16.1 cm = Separation
- 16.2 to 21.4 cm = Nobility and Integrity
- 21.5 to 26.8 cm = Official Power
- 26.9 to 32.1 cm = Catastrophe
- 32.2 to 37.5 cm = Harm and Injury
- 37.6 to 42.9 cm = Source of Capital
43 to 86.1 Centimeters
- 43 to 48.3 cm = Wealth
- 48.4 to 53.6 cm = Sickness
- 53.7 to 59.1 cm = Separation
- 59.2 to 64.4 cm = Nobility and Integrity
- 64.5 to 69.7 cm = Official Power
- 69.8 to 75.1 cm = Catastrophe
- 75.2 to 80.5 cm = Harm and Injury
- 80.6 to 86.1 cm = Source of Capital
86.2 to 128.9 Centimeters
- 86.2 to 91.2 cm = Wealth
- 91.3 to 96.6 cm = Sickness
- 96.7 to 102 cm = Separation
- 102.1 to 107.4 cm = Nobility and Integrity
- 107.5 to 112.7 cm = Official Power
- 112.8 to 118.1 cm = Catastrophe
- 118.2 to 123.5 cm = Harm and Injury
- 123.6 to 128.9 cm = Source of Capital
129 to 171.8 Centimenters
- 129 to 134.2 cm = Wealth
- 134.3 to 139.6 cm = Sickness
- 139.7 to 144.9 cm = Separation
- 145 to 150.3 cm = Noble and Integrity
- 150.4 to 155.6 cm = Official Power
- 155.7 to 161.1 cm = Catastrophe
- 161.2 to 166.4 cm = Harm and Injury
- 166.5 to 171.8 cm = Source of Capital
171.9 to 214.8 Centimeters
- 171.9 to 177.1 cm = Wealth
- 177.2 to 182.5 cm = Sickness
- 182.6 to 187.9 cm = Separation
- 188 to 193.2 cm = Nobility and Integrity
- 193.3 to 198.6 cm = Official Power
- 198.7 to 204.1 cm = Catastrophe
- 204.2 to 209.4 cm = Harm and Injury
- 209.5 to 214.8 cm = Source of Capital
214.9 to 257.8 Centimeters
- 214.9 to 220.1 cm = Wealth
- 220.2 to 225.4 cm = Sickness
- 225.5 to 230.9 cm = Separation
- 231 to 236.2 cm = Nobility and Integrity
- 236.3 to 241.6 cm = Official Power
- 241.7 to 247 cm = Catastrophe
- 247.1 to 252.4 cm = Harm and Injury
- 252.5 to 257.8 cm = Source of Capital
As you can obviously see a pattern in the way the measurements are repeated, you can further calculate the traditional feng shui definition of any bigger dimensions nor presented here.
It is best to treat the feng shui measuring tape info with a sense of discretion. The dimension of a specific item can neither bring you wealth nor create separation. There are always many factors at play in any circumstance, and the feng shui of dimensions is just one small aspect in a large and very complex picture. Learn to navigate the fascinating world of feng shui wisely.