Finding feng shui solutions for specific missing bagua areas will imply a basic understanding of the five feng shui elements, as your feng shui cures will have to be in harmony with the element each missing bagua area needs for a good balance.
The feng shui element of the Southwest area (or the top right area if you are using the BTB bagua) is Earth, so the cures you will bring have to be either of the Earth element, or the element that nourishes it (Fire feng shui element nourishes Earth).
The life area connected to this bagua area of your home is called Love & Marriage. It is recommended to always express - at least in some of your feng shui cures and decor items in this area - the energy of your ideal love relationship (if you are looking for love) or the energy that will nourish your present love relationship or marriage.
Here are 6 main tips to help balance your missing Love & Marriage feng shui bagua area:
1. Art with a strong earth element energy. The earth element is the main element of this feng shui area; it brings stability, grounding, nourishment and protection.
2. Art expressing the energy of love. Focus on finding art that really speaks about true and nourishing love. Be mindful about the colors in your chosen art as feng shui cure and avoid a strong presence of water, metal or wood element colors in your Love and Marriage bagua area.
3. Fire element art. Best art for the feng shui purpose of curing a missing bagua area is art with some depth, or perspective to it, so that a visual pathway is created in the blocking wall of this weak area.
4. Tall lights are considered a good feng shui cure to expand a missing bagua area. You can go for any size in your lighting fixtures when using them as a feng shui cure for the missing area. However, a tall lamp is considered ideal for this purpose. Be sure that the size, look and overall design of your light fixture works well with the design of your room and fits harmoniously with your surroundings.
5. Fire or earth element items in two such as tall candles, decor items in fire colors (red, orange, purple) and shapes. Be mindful about using the shape of the earth element (square) to further strengthen the area; avoid strong metal, water and wood element shapes in your Love area feng shui decor and cures.
6. You might also choose to paint the walls of the missing love area in any of the earth or fire element colors. However, be mindful to also create an opening, or some perspective in the wall of the missing/incomplete bagua area. In case of the missing Southwest area, this will be done the easiest way with appropriate for the area art with some depth in it.
Continue Reading: Understand the Feng Shui Use of Color