A bathroom in the center of the house is usually considered bad feng shui. As the center of the house is the heart of the space in feng shui, also called the yin-yang point; you usually want to have it open, light and with a sense of beauty to it.
Feng shui-wise, the center of your house is also considered the area from which all the other guas (or feng shui areas) receive energy from.
Now, what do you do if your bathroom is in the center of the house?
Do you place a big mirror on the door as a feng shui cure? I would say "No."
Ideally, the center of the house has to be light and open/happy. It is called the heart of the home in feng shui and in many ways, it is directly connected to the health of your heart.
Here are 5 simple steps to assure your center home bathroom stays at good feng shui levels.
1. Take a constant effort of keeping your bathroom clean and clutter free. A good organization system will certainly help maintain order in your bathroom and, if you have too much clutter, use our clutter clearing feng shui system.
2. Bring a sense of beauty to your home center bathroom. This can be art you love that makes you feel happy, candles, flowers, or essential oils diffuser.
3. Take good care of the quality of its air. Air purifying plants can help (if you have good light levels in your bathroom), as well as the above-mentioned aromatherapy diffuser.
4. Be mindful of the quality of light in your bathroom. If you have no window in your bathroom, create at least two (or more) levels of light there, or use a dimmer switch to avoid always having the same flat quality of light.
5. Bring feng shui cures of the Earth or Fire feng shui elements expressed in colors, decor items, shapes or more.
These two feng shui elements are good for the energy of the center of your home. Earth element is especially important in your center home bathroom as earth element will absorb the excessive water element of the bathroom.
You can create beauty and good feng shui energy anywhere in your home, be it your dark basement or the busy storage space; all it takes is strong determination coupled with a bit of hard work.