A bed located above the kitchen stove is not good feng shui. In feng shui, everything is viewed as energy. You should always try to find the best location and placement for your bed, as the energy of your bed is deeply connected to your health and well-being.
Why a Bed Above the Kitchen Stove Is Bad Feng Shui
The reason a bed above the kitchen stove is considered bad feng shui is because the energy of fire created by the stove disturbs the energy you need close to your bed.
A good feng shui bed has plenty of nourishing energy around it to sustain a healing sensual energy and promote restful sleep.
How to Improve the Feng Shui of a Bed Located Above a Stove
There are several things you can do to improve the feng shui of a bed positioned above a kitchen stove? Try these easy feng shui tips:
- Move the bed. Don't be afraid to experiment and find a new position for your bed. Check the feng shui guidelines for bed and bedroom and see what other options, other than the present one, you have in your bedroom.
- Strengthen the foundation of your bed. You need to use the Earth feng shui element in order to neutralize the fire energy from the kitchen stove. Use chocolate and earthy colors in the rug under your bed and in the color of your bed linens and pillows.
- Use a small mirror to calm the fire energy. A feng shui cure that is often recommended is to position a small round mirror underneath the bed with the mirror side down. On a feng shui energy level, this brings a bit of water to cool down the fire energy from the stove so that it does not disturb your bed.
Most importantly, take very good care of the feng shui energy in both your bedroom and your kitchen. Keeping the feng shui energy fresh and flowing can alleviate even the most challenging feng shui concerns.
Maintaining Good Feng Shui in the Bedroom
To attract good feng shui energy to your bedroom, follow these tips:
- Ban computers, TVs and exercise equipment from your bedroom
- Use a good quality air purifier or open the bedroom windows often
- Decorate with two bedside tables, one on each side of the bed
- Don't align the bed directly with the door
- Make the bed approachable from both sides
- Use candles or a dimmer switch in the bedroom
- Keep the doors closed at night
Maintaining Good Feng Shui in the Kitchen
From a feng shui viewpoint, the kitchen is the most important part of your home. To maintain the good feng shui in your kitchen:
- Keep your kitchen tidy. Don't overload it with appliances and gadgets
- Maintain your kitchen so it is a clean, bright and friendly place
- Place a living plant, a bowl of fruit or a vase of fresh flowers on the kitchen table or windowsill
- Paint the kitchen with colors that complement one another. The color yellow is a good choice for the kitchen