If your house is located on a cul-de-sac, you have probably heard that its feng shui is not very good. This is a very general feng shui statement, of course, because each house is unique. However, there are several reasons why even houses with the best energy flow - or feng shui design inside - might still have difficulty attracting good quality Chi when located on a cul-de-sac.
Simply stated, here is why a house on a cul-de-sac needs help in improving its feng shui:
- A cul-de-sac formation generates a continuous recycling, or a back and forth bouncing of the same energy between three or more houses.
- The quality of energy on a cul-de-sac is often either chaotic and restless, or low and stagnant, depending on the particular details of the cul-de-sac and the exterior feng shui of houses on it.
- The amount of energy that would usually be necessary, or needed, for one house, now has to be divided in between several houses. Another way to say it is that houses on a cul-de-sac are "struggling" for more Chi, or feng shui energy.
Even though there are no perfect solutions, there are still some good feng shui steps you can take to improve the energy of a cul-de-sac house. Let's look at 5 most effective tips.
1. Smart feng shui landscaping is always recommended in order to attract, as well as keep, a better quality energy. For example, a house with a good, strong backing will always gather and keep more energy than a house with no backing at all. A row of tall evergreens at the back of the house can be a simple solution.
The same feng shui landscaping idea applies to the front of the house, but in a different application. If you do your best in creating a curved vibrant pathway to the front door with a combination of lush greens and beautiful rocks, this will attract a much better quality energy than a straight path with no character.
2. An outside water feature (preferably moving water) is recommended in feng shui to refresh and uplift the energy of a cul-de-sac. From a sophisticated outdoor feng shui fountain to a simple birdbath - it is up to you to decide what will work best with your home and your budget. There are several elements to take into consideration when working with a water feature in feng shui, such as the facing direction of your house, as well as the direction of the water flow.
3. A moving garden element, such as a whirligig, or other wind (or solar powered) garden sculpture is an excellent feng shui cure to help refresh and uplift the energy. Work with the 5 feng shui elements that are needed for the specific compass direction your house is facing. For example, a metal moving sculpture is excellent for the West, Northwest, and North bagua areas, while usually better avoided in the East, Southeast and Southwest feng shui directions.
4. The main door of a house in a cul-de-sac needs both protection and strengthening. You can always strengthen your front door with the right feng shui door color. For example, if you have a South facing front door, you could definitely go for a vibrant red color, which creates auspicious energy. Of course, this works best in addition to creating a lot of "energetic padding" between the main door and the street by using smart landscaping tricks.
5. A small round feng shui garden or a water feature in the center of your cul-de-sac will create a much better energy. See if your neighbors would agree to contribute to creating a nice little center island with beautiful greenery or a water feature in your cul-de-sac. This will considerably help with creating better quality energy for all houses on the cul-de-sac.
As with any general feng shui recommendations, it is good to keep in mind that each house is unique, thus, to say that a house on a cul-de-sac has bad feng shui is just not accurate. Various surrounding elements, such as how long is the street leading to the cul-de-sac, where on the cul-de-sac the house is located, as well as the relationship between the houses on the cul-de-sac have to be taken into consideration.
A cul-de-sac house might need more attention put into it, but there is no need to worry about its feng shui being bad, as it can always be improved.
Continue Reading: How To Create Good Feng Shui in Your Home