Spring is the season of renewal, manifestation, and celebration. Now is the time to take those bold steps and manifest your dreams. A good spring cleaning of your home can do wonders for your energy; it will nourish and strengthen you. Feng shui, as always, can help with a variety of easy, powerful tips for spring cleaning your home.
If you still feel sluggish and low-energy after a long and maybe challenging winter, here are some proven-and-true feng shui steps to lift your energy up. Spring cleaning will help you make space for new, fresh feng shui energy to come into your life.
- Declutter your kitchen: If you are looking to improve your health, get rid of all the items that are cluttering and blocking the energy flow in your kitchen (especially your cupboards and the freezer.) The state of your kitchen is the state of your health, so do yourself a favor and thoroughly clean that kitchen!
De-clutter the refrigerator; clean the stove and all the pots and pans. Let go of all harsh chemical kitchen cleaners and go for natural ones. Clean out all the drawers, surfaces, light fixtures, etc. - create a fresh pathway for strong, vibrant Chi to flow and nourish your energy.
- Decorate with plants: Bring three new pots with vibrant feng shui green plants to refresh the energy of your space and symbolize, as well as ground, the energy of new beginnings. If you plan to place them in the kitchen, go for lush and aromatic herbs, such as basil, rosemary or mint. Focus on your front entrance, as well as your kitchen, as both are strongly connected to your health.
- Clean your bedroom and bathroom: Thoroughly clean your bedroom and your bathroom, get rid of anything that you haven't used in the past 6 months. Clear the space under the bed, clear the windows, refresh and redecorate for spring both your bedroom and your bathroom.
- Make space in your closets: If you would like to welcome a new love relationship into your life, make space, and I mean actual, physical space, for this new person to be in your home. Clear out your closets for a better flow and more space. You literally have to create an open flow of energy in your home to be able to attract and manifest more of what you are looking for. Spring cleaning time gives you great opportunity to do just that!
- Clear your space: Last but not least, be sure you understand the importance of space clearing and are comfortable with at least a simple feng shui space clearing session for your home. Better yet, find the time to do a major space clearing session; as spring is the best time for clearing stagnant energy in your home.
Clarify, purify and let go this spring season. Renew your home and renew your body. Step into a new way of being, and fill it with a happy and healthy energy of excitement.