Wealth is one of the most popular feng shui elements. Wealth can come in many forms, not just financial wealth. Wealth and prosperity include abundance in friendships, luck, opportunities, and so much more.
The beautiful thing about feng shui is that when you work with wealth, you attract all sorts of abundance. And in return, you can offer gratitude for all of the prosperity that you receive. Check out the best feng shui tips to attract abundance.
01 of 06
Create a Wealth Corner
The feng shui Bagua (energy map) has an area dedicated to wealth. It’s called Xun in Chinese and it’s the top left corner of the Bagua. When you stand in your bedroom door (or the front door to your home), the far left back corner is the wealth corner.
Add these elements to activate the wealth corner of your home:
- Purple: Incorporate purple accessories, paint, or furniture.
- Plants: Living green houseplants enhance your prosperity.
- Water: Add water features to nourish your prosperity.
02 of 06
Use Citrine Crystals
Citrine is a favorite crystal to attract wealth. This vibrant gold-toned quartz not only attracts abundance but assists in continually renewing your prosperity. It’s one of the only crystals that can clear itself because it doesn’t hold onto negative energies. In turn, it encourages wealth to flow into your life with good health and ease.
Try placing citrine in the wealth corner of your home or, for an extra boost of qi in your pocketbook, carry it in your wallet.
03 of 06
Incorporate Flowing Water
In feng shui, flowing water is connected to your flow of finances and abundance. Pay attention to the plumbing in your home and make sure there are no leaks or water damage. If there are plumbing issues, fix them.
Placement of moving water, like a fountain, can bring this flowing water element into your home. Be sure to keep the fountain clean, in good repair, and direct the water toward the center of your home. If you want to work with an exterior fountain, it is best to place it in the front area of your property with the water directed toward the front door.
04 of 06
Activate an Inviting Entry
The entry of your home is called the “mouth of qi.” All the energy (like opportunities and resources) are welcomed into your life through the front door.
Try these suggestions to activate your entry and invite abundance:
Continue to 5 of 6 below.
- Deep clean the entire entry area regularly. Pay attention to the door frame, door number, handle, and other neglected areas. A clean welcome mat “welcomes” a flow of energy and resources into your home.
- You can also put your spin on it using the five element colors. Use black for the water element, more flow, and connections, or red for the fire element, visibility, and recognition. The metal element is represented by white or gray and increases efficiency and joy. Yellow or brown represents the earth element, stability, and grounding, while green or blue for the wood element boosts growth and new beginnings.
- Be sure to walk through your formal front door at least once a day.
05 of 06
Maintain a Tip-Top Stove
The stove is symbolic of your resources and prosperity in feng shui. If we can cook and nourish our bodies well, we can also show up in the world with our best foot forward.
To improve your wealth feng shui, keep your stove in tip-top condition. Make sure all the burners are working and the appliance is clean. You also want to use the stove every day to activate your fire energy to attract prosperity.
We often get into a default mode where we just mindlessly go to our “favorite” burner. Instead, try changing that up. Mindfully use a different burner each time you use the stove to open your mind and energy up to receive new opportunities.
06 of 06
Include a Bowl of Oranges
Oranges, which came from china just like feng shui, are a symbol of abundance and good luck in feng shui. Even the scent of orange is uplifting and vibrant.
Include a bowl of fresh oranges (don't worry, you can eat them!) in your living room or kitchen to invite wealth and auspicious energy into your home.