If you have a question about your washer or dryer, the first place to start is by reading the operating manual or checking the manufacturer's website. You'll find the instructions on how to use the washing machine or dyrer, correct maintenance information and some solutions for troubleshooting problems.
There are two types of manuals - operating and repair. If you are handy with tools, the repair manual will guide you through wiring and mechanical systems.
It should also offer diagnostic symbols and tools to determine what is wrong with internal computers.
To find the correct manual, you must know the manufacturer and model number of your washer or dryer. The information can be found on a sticker on the back of the machine or just inside the appliance door.
How To Find A Washer Or Dryer Operating Manual
If you have tossed or misplaced your operating manual, visit Manualsonline.com, ManualMania.com, Manual Owl, Manual Storage or TheUserManualSite.com to get a replacement. Most offer free PDFs of the manual you can download or replacement manuals for a small fee.
How to Find A Washer Or Dryer Repair or Technical Manual
The same sites that offer operating manuals also offer repair manuals if you are a do-it-yourselfer tackling a washer or dryer repair. There are repair manuals available for many brands for a small fee. These are less costly than calling a professional.
The repair or technical manual includes diagrams of the electrical systems, lists of replacement parts and diagnostic testing schedules. These are the same manuals that repair technicians use for new laundry appliances. The Repair Clinic website is an excellent resource for the manual or replacement parts if you plan to do the repairs yourself.
Additional Reading For Washer Repair
- Washer Problems You Can Fix Without a Repairman
- Troubleshooting Maytag Bravo Washer Problems
- Troubleshooting Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Problems
- Understanding Whirlpool Washer Error Codes
- Troubleshooting Whirlpool Duet Washer Problems
- Troubleshooting Samsung Washer Problems
- Understanding Samsung Front Load Washer Error Codes
Additional Reading For Dryer Repair
- Dryer Problems You can Fix Without a Repairman
- Troubleshooting Gas Dryer Problems
- Understanding Samsung Dryer Error Codes
- Troubleshooting Whirlpool Dryer Problems
- Troubleshooting Whirlpool Cabrio Dyrer Problems
- Troubleshooting Whirlpool Duet Dryer Problems