The Bottom Line
Fire magic makes some of the best gas grills on the market. This mid-sized grill offers all the quality construction and great features of a Fire Magic. The best and most important feature of this grill, like all Fire Magic units, is the solid, welded construction. Made with every attention to detail from high-quality stainless steel this grill is built to last a lifetime and to cook like a dream.
The cast stainless steel burners put out plenty of heat and offer a wide range of grilling temperatures. This unit is a complete grill with side burner and rotisserie kit.
- Solid, 304 stainless steel construction
- Full feature grill with side burner and rotisserie burner and kit
- Cast stainless steel burners with lifetime warranty
- Many features and accessories for you to customize
- A comparatively basic grill at this price
- Three 20,000 BTU cast stainless steel E-type burners
- 540 square inches of primary cooking space
- 60,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 15,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover
- 19,000 BTU infrared rotisserie burner recessed in the back of the grill with full rotisserie kit
- Electric (9-volt battery) igniter
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Digital meat and grill thermometer (LCD display)
- Dual layer stainless steel hood with closed cooking chamber design
- Sold as propane or natural gas - convertible
- Made in the United States
Guide Review - Fire Magic Aurora A540 Gas Grill
Fire Magic are amongst the best (and most expensive) gas grills you can buy and this unit is no exception. The quality construction should be enough to sell virtually anyone on this grill.
But just in case you want more take a look at the cooking system. The three 20,000 BTU cast stainless burners are E-type. This means that each puts out four rows of fire. Combined, this grill has 12 rows of burner ports under a 30-inch wide cooking area. This means even, intense heat all across the cooking surface. Looking down into this grill (flame tamers removed) it looks like a sea of fire. The cast stainless steel burners are warranted for a lifetime because that is how long they will last.
In addition, this grill offers all the standard features you would want from a good gas grill. The 15,000 BTU side burner is powerful and placed in a strong side table under a flush mounted cover. This means you can put a heavy pot on here and actually get it to a boil. The grill comes standard with a full, high-quality stainless steel rotisserie kit, but you will have to pay extra to put in the recessed infrared rotisserie burner. Of course, the rotisserie burner isn't necessary for rotisserie cooking; it just makes it a little easier.
This grill is available with many extras including infrared main burner options. This unit can be purchased propane or natural gas, standalone or as an insert grill.
Plan on spending around $6,000USD to start.