The Bottom Line
Fire magic makes some of the best gas grills on the market. This mid-sized grill offers all the quality construction and great features of a Fire Magic. The best and most important feature of this grill, like all Fire Magic units, is the solid, welded construction. Made with every attention to detail from high-quality stainless steel this grill is built to last a lifetime and to cook like a dream.
The cast stainless steel burners put out plenty of heat and offer a wide range of grilling temperatures.
- Solid, 304 stainless steel construction
- Cast stainless steel burners with lifetime warranty
- Many features and accessories for you to customize
- A comparatively basic grill at this price
- Three 20,000 BTU cast stainless steel E-type burners
- 540 square inches of primary cooking space
- 60,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Electric hot surface ignition
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Digital meat and grill thermometer (LCD display)
- Dual layer stainless steel hood with closed cooking chamber design
- Sold as propane or natural gas - convertible
- Made in the United States
Guide Review - Fire Magic Aurora A540I Gas Grill Insert
Fire Magic are amongst the best gas grills you can buy and this unit is no exception. The quality construction should be enough to sell virtually anyone on this grill.
But just in case you want more take a look at the cooking system. The three 20,000 BTU cast stainless burners are E-type. This means that each puts out four rows of fire. Combined, this grill has 12 rows of burner ports under a 30-inch wide cooking area. This means even, intense heat all across the cooking surface.
Looking down into this grill (flame tamers removed) it looks like a sea of fire. The cast stainless steel burners are warranted for a lifetime because that is how long they will last.
Starting at just over $3000USD this is a highly customizable gas grill insert. Everything from an optional rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner to swappable infrared main burners are available. But this is really just the tip of the iceberg. Fire Magic offers virtually every conceivable accessory for the outdoor kitchen that match this grill perfectly. The options are nearly endless and all of them are made by Fire Magic in their Southern California factory.
As a custom grill insert, this is one of the best. Of course, you can spend up to $10,000 for a grill alone, but the value of this model really does make it one of the best choices.