The Bottom Line
This is one of the most expensive production gas grill currently on the market. It is beautiful, flashy, and loaded with features. Fire Magic is the manufacturer of a wide range of some of the best outdoor cooking equipment available. The Diamond Series Echelon E1060S is the largest they make. It has over 1,000 square inches of primary grilling space and seven burners under the hood.
That's not counting the side burner unit that comes in a number of configurations. The construction of this gas grill is solid 304 stainless steel with all welded seams and a high degree of attention to detail.
- High quality construction
- Cast stainless burners will last for decades
- Dual zone rotisserie system
- Independent grilling sections
- Gigantic grill
- A huge grill so make sure you have the space
- Four 30,000 BTU E-shaped cast stainless steel burners with four individual grilling areas
- 1,056 square inches of primary grilling space
- 120,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Two flush mounted 15,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burners with full kit included
- Wide range of side burner options including single standard, dual standard, and infrared sear burner
- 3,000 BTU internal smoker burner with wood chip tray
- 110-volt hot surface ignition, internal halogen lights, full powered rotisserie motor
- Electronic temperature display included timer, meat probe temperature gauge, grill temperature gauge
- Complete 304 stainless steel construction
- Convertible between propane and natural gas with additional equipment
- Made in the United States
Guide Review - Fire Magic Diamond Series Echelon E1060S Gas Grill
R. H. Peterson's Fire Magic line of Gas Grills are some of the best on the market and this is the biggest and the best they make. This unit has a maximum output of 120,000 BTUs from four cast stainless steel burners, in four separate grilling sections, under 1,060 square inches of primary cooking space on heavy rod stainless steel cooking grates.
The features on this gas grill are literally too many to mention, so I'll hit some of the impressive high points. This monster grill plugs into power the internal halogen lights angled to illuminate the entire grilling area. This also powers the rotisserie motor so you don't have to drag an extension cord to the grill every time you want to put a chicken on the spit. The ignition of this grill uses what Fire Magic calls hot surface ignition. These tiny electric heat elements ignite the gas the second you turn the knob and make sure that the burners stay lit, no matter what.
The fire box of this grill is divided into four separate cooking chambers, each with a 30,000 BTU cast stainless burner. One section can be turned up to high while the next section is turned as low as possible. Each section will stay in their temperature ranges because the heat is drawn straight up and won't cross the dividers.
This also means that you get a much more efficient burn when you only have one burner on. With most gas grills it is difficult to reach searing temperatures without turning all the burners on at the same time. Because of the divide cooking chamber of the E1060S, you can with this grill.
The side burner space on this grill can be filled with a wide range of options, including a large single side burner for large pots, two smaller standard side burners so you can heat two pans at once, or a large infrared searing station. The choice is made when you purchase the grill.
The Diamond Series has a hood mounted window option so you can watch food cooking without lifting the lid. This high temperature glass allows you to look inside the grill (remember it has internal lights). This is a feature you used to see on gas grills 30 years ago, but that has disappeared from modern grills.
Overall, it is the construction that makes this grill stand out. The all welded 304 stainless steel construction is among the best in the industry. Fire Magic is renowned for their attention to detail and their continuous innovation. The Echelon E1060S is the pinnacle of that, and truly an achievement in gas grill engineering.