This incredibly easy tarragon walnut brown butter sauce recipe will go beautifully with almost any fresh fish. The French word for this sauce is "beurre noisette" and while it tastes gourmet, it's very simple and fast to put together. These types of brown butter sauces can also be served on chicken or grilled vegetables.
- Put the butter in a small saucepan and melt over medium heat. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the butter begins to take on a light-brown color and gets a nutty aroma.
- Add the walnuts and cook for one minute.
- Pour in the lemon juice, turn up to high heat and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and add the tarragon, salt, and fresh ground black pepper to taste and set aside.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and cook on both sides until opaque throughout.
- Serve hot with the butter sauce spooned over.