Fish with tahini is easy and perfect for the seafood lover! It is called samak bi tahini in Arabic and is a local favorite in many Middle Eastern regions.
You can use any type of fish for this dish. Tilapia does very well and is readily available at most markets.
This recipe contains tahini, a sesame seed paste. Tahini is easy to make at home, or can be purchased at Middle Eastern grocers, or at gourmet markets.
- 2 lbs. fish
- 1/2 cups tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pinch of salt
1. Drizzle olive oil and salt on fish and bake in baking pan at 350 degrees for about 12-14 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
2. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine tahini, olive oil, and water. Mix until sauce forms, adding more water and lemon juice as needed.
4. Spread sauce over fish and cover with onion slices.
5. Bake for 25 minutes at 325 degrees.
6. Serve immediately or place in refrigerator and serve cold.
Serve fish with tahini with white rice and lemon wedges.